Laborie Wine Estate in Paarl, Western Cape
Nesteled in Paarl Valley in the scenic Cape Winelands is the magical wine estate of Laborie. The Wine Farm has been producing wine for over 300 years, making it one of the oldest operational wine farms in South Africa.
The Farm Estate founded by a French Huguenot in 1688 and later granted to Issac Taillifert in 1691, was named after the district of La Bri in France. The Estate was transformed into a typical Cape Dutch farm and began producing wine in 1698. In 1971, KWV, one of South Africa’s leading wine makers acquired the farm and continued the best French heritage tradition of producing a variety of award winning wines, some of the best Méthode Cap Classique Sparkling Wine, a Pinotage Dessert Wine as well as an estate Brandy.
Approximately 20% of South Africa’s annual wine production originates from the Paarl region and the wine farms here offer frequent tastings, tours and sales to the public. Laborie Wine Estate has become the perfect place to stop for lunch and a glass of wine where the atmosphere is relaxed an informal, but the dining experience is nothing less than superb.
The Wine Estate, with the scenic back drop of Paarl Rock, is a wonderful venue for a family picnic. Be sure to visit the wine sales centre first to purchase the perfect Sparkling Wine to pair with your tasty goodies. If you feel far too relaxed to leave after a day in this gorgeous setting, why not overnight in the luxury accommodation on offer, you won’t be disappointed!
Things to do and see
- Wine Farm Tours
- Tasting of five wines
- Olive and Wine Pairings
- Charcuterie (Meat Selection) & Wine Pairing
- Macaroons & Wine Pairing
- Chocolate & Wine Pairing
- Cheese Platters
- Unique Grape Juice & Sweetie Pairing for the kiddies
- Wine Sales Centre & Gift Shop
- Harvest Restaurant (Lunch & Dinner)
- BardiBar at Laborie: 11am to 8pm Tuesday to Saturday, 5pm on Sundays
- Manor House Luxury Accommodation
- Laborie Lazy Days Market
- Wedding & Conference Facilities
- There is no admission fee to the Estate.
- Wine Tastings are charged for separately and range between R30 and R60 per person.
- Wine Tours are currently charged at R35 per person.
- Accommodation rates on request and booking essential.
- Booking for tours and tastings are essential.
Prices are subject to change, please contact the farm directly to confirm pricing.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: