Founded in 1862 on the farm Rietfontein as a church centre, the town of Edenburg lies on the main railway line and roadway from the Cape to the north, 83 km south of Bloemfontein.
The first erven were sold in 1862 and Edenburg became a municipality in 1890.
Cattle and sheep roam the plains around this farming centre.
The old Berliner Mission Society station of Bethany lies on the Riet River, only 16km away.
Uit ons gallery
Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: